This year has gone out like a lion for sure. I went from a secure little world to having the carpet pulled from under me, only to wind up in a better place both professionally and mentally. 2018 was the year of saying “not good enough” and figuring out what I truly wanted for my professional life, then going for it.
It was also the first year where I truly felt like I was at a mentor level, which is a surreal feeling if you ever happen to get it. I pushed and coached a young woman at the shitty job I had for a month to better herself and her goals so that she would move on to better things. I didn’t meant to do it, though I’m happy I did, but it felt a little bit like an out of body experience to coach a person in the flesh and see her results. I think because of her success, it pushed me to believe in my own skills a little more and to feel like I had things to share…which led directly to my first pitch and successful win of a speaking gig at a conference.
Overall, in this, the 35th year of my life, it feels uber cliche but I’ve never felt more confident of myself as a person and as a professional marketer.
- Meve Vintage had 1109 orders between eBay and Etsy its first year
- Created an editorial calendar for here and Beige House
- Landed speaking gig at Alt.
2019 Blog Goals:
- Release resource library
- Update posts with broken links to workbook library
- Add entrepreneur printables to Print Shop
- Relaunch Perfect Product Copy
- Release the full Stop Sucking at Marketing
- 52 posts
- Revamp layout (the headers look weird in mobile as you might have noticed)
2019 Business Goals:
- Move Beige House to a better ad network than Adsense
- 1k subscribers on Beige House youtube channel
- Complete listing of all Meve Vintage inventory (which sounds like a no-brainer, but there’s so. Much. jewelry.)
- Work towards sunsetting Meve Vintage and focusing on Beige House
- Sell off remaining Reserved Stock inventory.
- Get a new desk!
What are you planning for 2019?